SB-600 help

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by KAikens318, May 20, 2010.

1. KAikens318

KAikens318 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Does anyone know of any good online tutorials or anything that will help me in understanding how to use the SB-600 properly? I have read through the manual 3 times and it still just isn't making much sense, I am more a visual learner than anything else. Any help would be appreciated!

2. Aye-non Oh-non Imus

Aye-non Oh-non Imus TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    What is confusing you? On camera, off camera, TTL, manual mode or everything else? There's a lot the little flash will do.

It's not so much reading the manual, but experimenting right then, while the manual is in your hand.

3. emh

emh TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
  4. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    The Nikon Creative Lighting System by Mike Hagen has specific info on using the SB-600 including background information on Nikon's CLS, iTTL, and basic speedlight theory.

For off camera speedlight techniques visit www.strobist.com and for hot shoe speedlight techniques visit www.planetneil.com.

IMO. A speedlight is most effective when it is controlled by the photographer and not the computer in the camera.

5. KAikens318

KAikens318 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Yes, I want to get used to controlling it myself, not relying on the camera to do it. I have a wedding to shoot in October and I really want to make sure I am using it correctly. THanks for the info guys!

6. Dao

Dao No longer a newbie, moving up!

You mean you want to adjust the power output manually? I remembered I played around the SB-800 (not 600) before, I can set the flash to manual mode. Then I can select the output I want. Full power, 1/2, 1/4, 1.8, ...... So yours could be the same.