sb-600 high pitch annoying noise!

Mind doesn't... it sounds a lot like Avril Lavigne.

There is a high pitched sound as the flash is charging after being turned on or recharging between shots.

Mine whirls a bit on start-up and when it recycles. It's not too annoying. Sabbath's description of Avril Lavigene is a bit harsh. I was thinking more on the line of the opening bars of "Ridin' the Storm Out" by REO Speedwagon...especiallialy the live version.

do all sb-600's emitt a loud very high pitch annoying sound? its almost unbearable!
I bet it happens after you pop it, right?

it's supposed to do that, if it doesn't than something is wrong.

If it doesn't stop then it's probably got a leak in the capacitor and is therefore constantly charging. If it's under warranty then you might want to have it checked.

do all sb-600's emitt a loud very high pitch annoying sound? its almost unbearable!

It seems that you are using rechargeable batteries with low voltage. I had the same issue, and it was fixed by replacing with Alkaline batteries.

it should emit the high pitch when charging, but if its doing it all the time, either you have cruddy batteries or you have a problem that needs to be fixed. I used nimh2500mah energizer rechargeables...almost instant recharging!

Most reactions

Back