SB-600 noise?

TylerF

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i just got my sb600, dont know too much on how to work it, can only figure out how to turn it on and shoot. i dont know what the modes do or anything but i will figure that out lol

but whenever im using it, theres this gnarly high pitched noise that doesnt seem to stop. is that normal? just wondering

thanks in advance

Yep, it's normal. It's "recharging" to discharge again. You'll notice the screech gets longer as the batteries get lower.

i know i have the manual lol i have looked through it a little. i must have missed the noise part. it get annoying after a while haha. do the batteries not last long? i put brand new ones in recently.

i know i have the manual lol i have looked through it a little. i must have missed the noise part. it get annoying after a while haha.
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. I wasn't trying to answer your question about the battery noise. I was refering to this statement......
i just got my sb600, dont know too much on how to work it, can only figure out how to turn it on and shoot. i dont know what the modes do or anything but i will figure that out lol......
.....which may have answered your question. But I highly suggest to read that sucker (the manual) front-to-back, more than once. Get intimate with the buttons and menu functions. You will not absorb it all, but you will have a frame of reference when you have a question and should be able to look up the information more efficiently.

do the batteries not last long? i put brand new ones in recently.
Depends on the battery and power setting you use. For an environmentally friendly method, use rechargeable nickel-metal hydride (NiMH). I use 2700-2900mAh. And don't get suckered into quick-charge rechargers.

thanks, i plan on reading through the manual for both my camera and sb-600 when i get time. i have battery chargers for my game controllers. idk if thats getting suckered in lol

Put them next to your ceramic throne so you can turn an otherwise uncomfortable facet of nature into an educational experience :)

thanks, i plan on reading through the manual for both my camera and sb-600 when i get time.
OMG. " for both my camera and sb-600 when I get the time." :lmao:

I wouldn't be too critical. I've been driving since 1956 and I've never read the user manual for a car. Come to think of it, I've had my D80 for three years and have read maybe a dozen pages so far (looking for specific information). Of course, there are those that have difficulties understanding cars and cameras...

I had my SB 600 for a year before I realized it had wireless capabilities.

I wouldn't be too critical. I've been driving since 1956 and I've never read the user manual for a car. Come to think of it, I've had my D80 for three years and have read maybe a dozen pages so far (looking for specific information). Of course, there are those that have difficulties understanding cars and cameras...

Awesome:thumbup:

dear friend :)
read a book. Surprisingly for Nikon, unlike their manuals for bodies, manuals for flash units are MUCH better and more practical. Therefore, read a book :D

Awesome:thumbup:

I've also been shooting SLRs since 1960.

i have read the manuals, just not super thoroughly enough i guess. reading manuals is harder for me to learn than it is for me to just mess with things hands on.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back