SB-600 - what do I do with it

Slaphead

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok my only experience with flash photography is popping up the inbuilt flash on a new camera and making sure it works. So can anybody recommend a good book or website that can ease me into flash photography.

Thanks

Strobist.Com

and i believe someone on here once said "if you read it all and still don't understand, then you read it wrong"

Strobist is NOT the easiest thing to get through, I don't care how many pimp the site. It is ridiculously cluttered as far as content goes. However if you wanted a good jump off point do the 2nd Series of exercises on the website "Lighting: 102". It provides an ok starting point, but they seriously need a copy editor.

When I browsed around the Strobist website, I also thought it was very disorganized. It is written like a blog rather than an informative site.

Another thing I noticed is I could only find info after reading how I needed this, this, this, that, this, that, that, and this. I have a single optical slave flash that I must trigger with my popup flash (just a superzoom and cheap slave) and that site is absolutely no help because I need thousands of spare cash laying around to do anything.

Site is always recommended, but it seems to only be useful to rich people.

yeah strobist IS a blog so it's organisation could improve a fair bit.. but the quality of the information is very good. Just sometimes hard to find stuff and a bit heavy to read etc.

Ok my only experience with flash photography is popping up the inbuilt flash on a new camera and making sure it works. So can anybody recommend a good book or website that can ease me into flash photography.
For on-camera flash photography techniques this web site is excellent.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back