sb-600 wireless?

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by just x joey, Jun 28, 2007.

1. just x joey

just x joey TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    what do i need to buy to be able to put the sb-600 on a tripod, and trigger it wirelessly when i press the shutter release? and wuld it be possibly to use the in camera flash and the sb-600 at the same time, like the sb-600 on a tripod, and fire it at the same time as the on-board flash...?

2. Sw1tchFX

Sw1tchFX TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    you don't need to buy anything, the D80 has a commander unit inside itself already. Just go through the menu's in the LCD and set your commander modes, and pop up the flash, it's real easy. As far as having it as an additional strobe as well as using the onboard, the D80 might be able to do that, but as far as I know, my D70 can't.

3. mylegacy412

mylegacy412 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    yea set the D80 flash (in the menu) to commander mode.

then set the sb-600 to slave mode (check your manual, its simple)

then when ever the sb600 sees a flash it flashes also, it all happens fast enough for you not to notice the delay.

now if you want to not use the flash on your camera and have the sb600 fire, i went out and bought a pair of pocket wizards and a hotshoe adapter for the flash ( cuz the 600 doesn't have a sync port like the 800).

attach one wizard to the hot shoe on the camera and one to the sb600 + adapter combo, set it all and bingo.