sb-600 wireless?

just x joey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
joeydsmith.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
what do i need to buy to be able to put the sb-600 on a tripod, and trigger it wirelessly when i press the shutter release? and wuld it be possibly to use the in camera flash and the sb-600 at the same time, like the sb-600 on a tripod, and fire it at the same time as the on-board flash...?

you don't need to buy anything, the D80 has a commander unit inside itself already. Just go through the menu's in the LCD and set your commander modes, and pop up the flash, it's real easy. As far as having it as an additional strobe as well as using the onboard, the D80 might be able to do that, but as far as I know, my D70 can't.

yea set the D80 flash (in the menu) to commander mode.

then set the sb-600 to slave mode (check your manual, its simple)

then when ever the sb600 sees a flash it flashes also, it all happens fast enough for you not to notice the delay.

now if you want to not use the flash on your camera and have the sb600 fire, i went out and bought a pair of pocket wizards and a hotshoe adapter for the flash ( cuz the 600 doesn't have a sync port like the 800).

attach one wizard to the hot shoe on the camera and one to the sb600 + adapter combo, set it all and bingo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back