SB 600 ?

sxesweets

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Secondhand? What would I need to check/ look for before purchasing it. Found one for $150, good deal?

I wasn't planning on getting one for a while but I will be spending a few weeks with a friend who is willing to teach me about flashes if I get one so it's the whole opportunity thing

Last edited:
Well check that it will flash from full power down to lowest which is 1/64. And press on zoom to make sure the drive works. Also lower the white difuser and the zoom should go down to 14mm.

Bring a fresh pair of batteries with you. Four. You don't necessarily need to bring a camera, but it would be nice just in case the flash does not sync through the hotshoe.

Things to check:

Make sure the "test" fire button works, and the flash recycles within seconds. With a new pair of batteries in the thing should recycle in 2 to 3 seconds firing at 1/1 Power (full power).

With the flash mounted on the camera, make sure the camera recognizes the flash. Navigate to the FLASH menu on your camera to see if you can make adjustments to the flash.

Check the flash-neck; see that it pivots 270 degrees, and that it pivots vertically 90 degrees. Stiffness is ok, just so long as it can rotate on both its axis.

Check the wireless mode (if you have the capability on your camera). Set the Flash to wireless mode, and the camera to commander mode, and check to see if the unit flashes when a picture is taken.

Most reactions

Back