SB 600

Hill202

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I know that you can "bounce" the flash with the SB600, what are some of the other advantages it has.

Thanks

It's much more powerful than the small built in flash. When on the hotshoe, it sits up high on the camera, thus moving the light away from the lens which helps to eliminate red eye and direct reflections. It can be remotely triggered, so you have have it off camera (may need accesories for this).

Those are the advantages over the built-in flash.

It has advantages over non-dedicated flash unit in that it works together with the camera for flash metering (with Nikon cameras, obviously).

I got mine not to long ago and though I have not had a lot of time to use it, what I have has shown how great they are:) Pics look so much better when bounced. I like the Betterbouncecard Idea and use it:)

http://www.abetterbouncecard.com//

I am gonna have to watch that betterbounce card thingy all the way threw. Cool idea.
I just got the SB600 a couple weeks ago and I am really enjoying it. I love remote trigger, it's awesome. Mine came with a little stand so I can set it up and move it around however I want.

can you explain the remote trigger thing?? I have not had time to play around with mine much. The BBC is made from that foam paper that a lot of kid's crowns or hats are made of. It is like $.78 a sheet which will make 4 or 5 of them:)

Press zoom and - at the same time, it takes about 3 seconds then you will see a skwigly little arrow and it will say OFF. Press Zoom or mode and it will then say on. In your menu go to custom settins, built-in flash (option 22) select commander mode. Make sure your camera and flash are set to channel 3 (or whatever I think so long as they are the same you are ok). Thene select Group A and put it on TTL or whatever and you can also set the exposure from there as well. Make sure your flash is up when you want to use it. It will jsut fire when you take a picture.

Then I assume you do the opposite to turn it off:)

When you want to turn off just hit zoom and - again then zoom again and it will say off :)
If thats what you mean by opposite then yup!

Most reactions

Back