sb600 batteries

photosoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
my girlfriend was so kind to buy me an sb600 flash for Christmas. anyone have any suggestions on batteries before I get started using it?

AAs are nice :)
I use Duracell can't complain.
This topic was raised few days ago various other brands were recommended by members. Search the forum

If you want batteries that hold a charge while not being used and good performance: Eneloop

If you want batteries that give you excellent performance: Powerex

Basically, if you are OK with less performance and longer 'shelf life' get the Eneloops, if you don't mind charging a few days before use, get the Powerex.

Either way, go with rechargeable batteries rather than disposables. Much cheaper in the long run and way better for the environment.

Consider getting a good charger as well, and not just a 'quick charger'.
Check out THIS PLACE for batteries & chargers.

great thanks for the replies

+1 to getting a good charger - it will make a significant difference to the life and duration of the batteries you use and is well worth the cost in the longrun. The cheap and very quicker chargers (often sold with batteries) are ok for light use - say a clock or toy - but flash batteries get drained and recharged very quickly and so the toll on their life span can be quite harsh.

As for the best kind of batteries - I've been using Sanyo Enloop batteries for a short while after moving to them from energizer rechargables and the difference is fantastic - the enloops keep their charge between uses which is great for when yo uwant to grab the flash and use it - rather then the energizers which really needed to be charged up the night before (which is all well and fine for a planned shoot, but not for unplanned events/outings).

if you are going to use recharable batteries, go with Sanyo's eneloop (white) aa's. I have tried the duracell 2600mha batteries, but about a day or so after charging they loose their juice. The eneloops never loose their power

photosoto - whilst I have great trust in the sanyo enloop batteries that kind of charger/battery setup is the sort I try to avoid. Of course the sanyo charger might be totally different to what I expect, but a cheap recharger is still a cheap recharger.

(ps before you ask I can't recomend a good recharger - I have yet to gather the monies together to get one :( )

another vote for the Sanyo Eneloop they recycle quickly and last for a long time. Get them at Costco. This reminds me I need another set of them.

Most reactions

Back