sb600 question

jaypee67

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a sb600, whenever I mount the flash onto my d80 it flashes 3 times and then flashes a 4th time till it takes the picture. It doesn't do this when I use it wirelessy. It's annoying and I can't figure out how to change it.nHelp me out!

If you have the camera in TTL mode the speedlight fires pre-flashes to calculate the exposure and flash duration BEFORE it makes the image.

When you use it wirelessly, how are you triggering the speedlight?

I have cybersyncs. How do I take it off TTL mode?

push the mode button on the SB600 to take it out of iTTL...buy why? The result will not be as good in other modes. Prefresh is a GOOD thing.

push the mode button on the SB600 to take it out of iTTL...buy why? The result will not be as good in other modes. Prefresh is a GOOD thing.

Because I shoot skateboarding and bmx. I have to have it spot on.
And when I press mode it has a M on the left but still continues to do it.

If its flashing 4 times, its probably the "red-eye reduction" mode on the camera. Turn that off and that should solve your problem.

If its flashing 4 times, its probably the "red-eye reduction" mode on the camera. Turn that off and that should solve your problem.

THIS IS YOUR ISSUE.

You will see a little eye on the lcd screen, chnage the settings with the flash attached to change it to just TTL without the red eye reduction.

Also, preflash happens so quickly your eye can't tell the difference between the pre-flash and the flash.

THIS IS YOUR ISSUE.

You will see a little eye on the lcd screen, change the settings with the flash attached to change it to just TTL without the red eye reduction.

Also, preflash happens so quickly your eye can't tell the difference between the pre-flash and the flash.

The actual TTL Pre-flash will rarely cause people to blink, except when the flash is in rear-sync and you use a slow shutter speed. The only way you can see the actual Pre-flashes with a fast shutter speed, is through the viewfinder( you will see the flash before the mirror flips up)

Since the OP is shooting BMX and skateboarding, which I also shoot, he probably should have his flash in rear curtain sync, so that the motion blur(if there is any) is in the proper direction.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back