sb800 and sb600

MoKs

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
1 ebay trigger 1 receiver attached to SB800 what settings for the Sb600 is needed? SU4 or remote to be triggered as a slave.. is this possible? I know its so simpel to just use pocket wizards or 2 receivers.

Please don't be a smarty.. I can't experiment with the sb600 cuz i dont have it yet. planning to buy it that's why i'm asking if this is possible. please help!

Thank you! :)

Last edited:
Why not just slave your SB600?

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Wein-Peanut-Photo-Slave-Range/dp/B0000C7HR9/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=miscellaneous&qid=1223057848&sr=8-1[/ame]

just wondering I can you the sb800 as the master and slave the Sb800 or i can use the commander command using the pop up and slave the 2 flashes.. Just trying to think of other ways on how to make it work without using the pricey pocket wizaard.

Assuming you're going off camera and using the built-in flash as Commander,

Press and hold the Zoom and - buttons simultaneously for about 2 seconds. Toggle through (mine comes up first) to see the squiggle line with arrow on right end. Press the Mode button to On. Page 12 of the manual.

If you want to use manual override settings rather than TTL and have each flash at at different power output, set the flashes to a different channels. Page 61 of the manual.

1 ebay trigger 1 receiver attached to SB800 what settings for the Sb600 is needed? SU4 or remote to be triggered as a slave.. is this possible? I know its so simpel to just use pocket wizards or 2 receivers.
:)

The short answer is... yes can do all of that and a lot more. Set your SB-600 to be an optical slave, the SB-800 to receive the signal from your wireless and it should all work. Just a note, ANY flash from ANY camera will set off your SB-600 in this configuration. ;)

To set the SB-600 to optical slave:

- Turn the flash ON
- Press and hold the ZOOM and - (minus) together for 2 seconds
- You are immediately in Wireless mod settings, press MODE to set it to ON
- Press the + to move amongst the other settings:
- Sound (off is my preference)
- Press the On/Off to return to main menu
- Press the ZOOM button multiple times until you see the setting you desire

This is off the top of my head... I may be wrong about the exact procedure. BTW, *any* flash will trigger the SB-600 when it is in this mode. Very inconvenient when people with point and shoot cameras are setting off your strobes all the time, effectively killing your shots.

Last edited:
Thanks Jerry! and everyone else. I appreciate all your replies.

Jerry, have you tried this? is it possible to have delays on your flash (in this case the sb600 as the slave) or inconsistency?

After work i will on my way to buy the sb600, can't wait.

I finished experementing with a single light and now wanted to try 2 off camera falshes.. good times.

I'd not be able to write my blog if I did not own them myself. ;)
Are you asking me if you can mix and match iTTL and manual? If that is the question, the answer is no, not reliably at all.

Finally got my Sb600.. Here's the set up that i will use.. Please let me know.. anyone?? what will be the downside of this that im not aware of.. like delays or anything? or this is actually a good setting.... here you go.. Thank you..

ebay trigger attched to camera and receiver to sb600, and sb800 set in SU4. so far they are working good when i did few test shots... no miss fire on both..

What are your thoughts guys? Thanks ;)

Most reactions

Back