"Scanner as Camera" Revisited (posted actual pictu

photong

Typo Queen
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I'm going to lazily post my DA url instead of uploading it. I put in a loooooooooooong 12 hour night. It's bed time. It's also 6:45am. Woot.

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/11024519/

Maybe I'll post the image later. We'll see how much I sleep in ;)

Untitled-34.jpg

It seems like the colors are more vivid with the scan. For the whole "scanner as camera" you just put flowers and leaves down and scanned them directly? How'd you get the black background? Leave the cover open? I think it's very interesting and may have to mess with it myself.

ha ha...i did this thingy back then during my design days in school :D it works!

i used this method for my final design project. I scanned, cameras > mugs> pencils> candles> all with a simple one button scanner...and got good grades for it. instead of having a black background, i had white for mine. shone a lamp over the items i scanned.

btw...what you did here is LOVELY!!!!! experiment more.

Je-C said:
It seems like the colors are more vivid with the scan. For the whole "scanner as camera" you just put flowers and leaves down and scanned them directly? How'd you get the black background? Leave the cover open? I think it's very interesting and may have to mess with it myself.

Let me just say....it was A LOT of work!! The black background came from experimenting with the light in the room..on and off..i had them off. I also tried with and without the scanner cover, which didn't work (to get the black background that I wanted, stupid me didn’t realize right away the cover is white) so I used black construction paper and laid it over top with the cover open.

I placed them as I wanted which took forever to find what worked and didn't visually and what would scan properly. Initially the leaves were on a wire and that didn't work with putting them where I wanted. So I cut them off and placed them how/where I wanted. I previewed/scanned this bugger so many times I was ready to give up.

Scanning was worse because I had to press some of them down and my scanner is very slow and I move a lot.

I used Photoshop of course to take out the dust and imperfections, which there was a lot of. As much as I dusted the glass it just wouldn't go away.

So I had LOTS of patience when scanning and using Photoshop (dust, and yes an auto contrast boost because it was very dark when I scanned it, that's why it's so vivid). I was up until 5am the second day when I got this shot. This was the second concept. The first was a nice 'S' shape. This one is 'L'. It is very fun to play with. I still don’t think it’s perfect for a few reasons. But I love it :)

khairi said:
ha ha...i did this thingy back then during my design days in school :D it works!

i used this method for my final design project. I scanned, cameras > mugs> pencils> candles> all with a simple one button scanner...and got good grades for it. instead of having a black background, i had white for mine. shone a lamp over the items i scanned.

btw...what you did here is LOVELY!!!!! experiment more.

Thank you! And right on! :) I didn't think of the lamp thing..hmm...Do ou still have any of those projects?

I was thinking to use white, but I thought black would be mroe classic because I was using flowers. Plus, I think black is easier to work with. :)

Thank you everyone. I worked so effin' hard on this I was so ready to give up. Then my bf (jar) said it miht actually turn out good..and you know what, that bugger is always right!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back