Scanner

justforfun52

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello all,

I am looking to buy a scanner so that I can digitize my 35mm negatives. I'd like to spend less than $500. Any suggestions? Best bang for your buck? Any help would be great. Thanks,

Ryan

If you have a supply of slides, a DSLR and don't plan on producing an endless amount of slides in the future then you might concider a set of extension tubes and a slide dupe holder. It's easy, cheap and the quality is reasonably good. If you still are shooting slides and need a good slide scanner for the long term, I would look at DPreview.

Thanks for the reply. What I have are developed negatives that I would like to scan onto my harddrive for backup, cataloging and possible future printing. I don't have slides. I would like a reasonably priced scanner (less than $500) that will allow me to do this. I understand that the quality won't be the same, but I would like to have catalog of my photos because going through the hard copies is difficult.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

Ryan

justforfun52 said:
Thanks for the reply. What I have are developed negatives that I would like to scan onto my harddrive for backup, cataloging and possible future printing. I don't have slides. I would like a reasonably priced scanner (less than $500) that will allow me to do this. I understand that the quality won't be the same, but I would like to have catalog of my photos because going through the hard copies is difficult.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

Ryan

Hi Ryan,

I've been using a Plustek OpticFilm 7200, I found it to be very reliable and best of all it's under $200 at www.tigerdirect.com

That looks pretty sweet!! If it's possible, could you please send me a scan that you have made with this unit? Unfortunately, in Canada it's $256.99 CDN or ~$215.95 US. Fortunately, that's still within my budget! Anyways, if you could send me those scans that would be awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Ryan

justforfun52 said:
That looks pretty sweet!! If it's possible, could you please send me a scan that you have made with this unit? Unfortunately, in Canada it's $256.99 CDN or ~$215.95 US. Fortunately, that's still within my budget! Anyways, if you could send me those scans that would be awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Ryan

Hey Ryan,

No problem. Here is a BW scan done last year:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v196/mitica100/?action=view&current=Kitchen.jpg

I've got the Konica-Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV. It works Great and cost less than $300.00.Although it takes a while to figure it out.There is so many things you can do,it has very good software.

Most reactions

Back