Scanner

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by justforfun52, Nov 7, 2005.

1. justforfun52

justforfun52 TPF Noob!

Hello all,

I am looking to buy a scanner so that I can digitize my 35mm negatives. I'd like to spend less than $500. Any suggestions? Best bang for your buck? Any help would be great. Thanks,

Ryan

2. jstuedle

jstuedle No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    If you have a supply of slides, a DSLR and don't plan on producing an endless amount of slides in the future then you might concider a set of extension tubes and a slide dupe holder. It's easy, cheap and the quality is reasonably good. If you still are shooting slides and need a good slide scanner for the long term, I would look at DPreview.

3. justforfun52

justforfun52 TPF Noob!

Thanks for the reply. What I have are developed negatives that I would like to scan onto my harddrive for backup, cataloging and possible future printing. I don't have slides. I would like a reasonably priced scanner (less than $500) that will allow me to do this. I understand that the quality won't be the same, but I would like to have catalog of my photos because going through the hard copies is difficult.

Any other suggestions? Thanks

Ryan

4. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit

Hi Ryan,

I've been using a Plustek OpticFilm 7200, I found it to be very reliable and best of all it's under $200 at www.tigerdirect.com

5. justforfun52

justforfun52 TPF Noob!

That looks pretty sweet!! If it's possible, could you please send me a scan that you have made with this unit? Unfortunately, in Canada it's $256.99 CDN or ~$215.95 US. Fortunately, that's still within my budget! Anyways, if you could send me those scans that would be awesome. Thanks for the tip.

Ryan

6. Mitica100

Mitica100 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hey Ryan,

No problem. Here is a BW scan done last year:

http://photobucket.com/albums/v196/mitica100/?action=view&current=Kitchen.jpg

7. Oscar Mueller

Oscar Mueller TPF Noob!

I've got the Konica-Minolta Dimage Scan Dual IV. It works Great and cost less than $300.00.Although it takes a while to figure it out.There is so many things you can do,it has very good software.