Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
nionowl.jpg
[/IMG]
what do you all think

Well....I've been on a desaturated kick lately. So...something like this...I would go for a mood. Especially with those clouds. I would process to accentuate textures and bring down some saturation. And if the file were large enough I would crop out the bottom stuff and move the subject to the side a notch.

But...it's all about personal taste. And...as they say...there's no accounting for it. ;-)

With the original you sent me...this is what I came up with:

owl-02.jpg

Although....I would prefer a tighter crop on the subject and moved to the side a notch...

owl-01.jpg

This was a quick 2 minute photoshop job. Your subject was very dark and was prety much backlight. So, I opened up Shadows/Highlights and brought buried the highlights to bring out the details in what appeared to be overexposed areas. This brought out some details in the clouds. I also had to lighten the shadows...which I don't really like to do...but there was nearly no detail in the subject due to no light being cast there. Even with that...I had to render lighting a bit...which kind of gave the halo effect and the shadowed edges. I was going to play with it to minimize the effect...but didn't feel like getting too into it.

I played with the saturation a touch as well....as it was a very washed out grey before.

I'm sure others here could do better....but that might be a decent start that keeps you away from the extreme stuff you were doing earlier.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back