Scary strange beasts (warning snakes and other nasties)

tpe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scientificillustration.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These didn't go as well as hoped but I'll post them anyway just because I think they are so odd and i hope they are interesting.

boa1.jpg

boa2.jpg

whiptail1.jpg

whiptail2.jpg

whiptail3.jpg

horned_frog.jpg

scolopendra1.jpg

scolopendra.jpg

Thanks for looking
tim

That's quite a collection of creepy-crawlies! Great detail in the snakes. What a colourful frog! And the 'duel' between the bugs is a good capture. The insect in the middle of the thread is very freaky looking, with those huge/oversize pincers out front. How big is its body?

Antarctican its a bout 15mm i guess, but the legs are a lot longer and it runs very fast. I joined an insect forum and some of the people invited me round to get some pictures, i really reccomend it, they get some pictures of their pets, and it was a real experience for me, i got so carried away i forgot to take pictures of his scorpions, hopefully there will be a next time.

tim

is that normal for a snakes eye to be coloured like that in #1?

lostprophet I think so, at least for boas, they have camoflaged cat like eyes, emerald boas have really beautiful deep green eyes, but colubrids have round pupils and look much more like our eyes.

tim

whiptail3.jpg

What in the hell is THAT?

Damon diadema, tailless whip scorpion, i don't think it is actually a scorpion, or a spider but somewhere in betwen, the body structure and those claw things make it look like it is a relative of the harvestman spider (daddy long legs) possibly? but it really does look like its on a day trip from down below to me too :), not sure how well i will sleep tonight.

Damon diadema, tailless whip scorpion, i don't think it is actually a scorpion, or a spider but somewhere in betwen, the body structure and those claw things make it look like it is a relative of the harvestman spider (daddy long legs) possibly? but it really does look like its on a day trip from down below to me too :), not sure how well i will sleep tonight.

All I know is that where ever its native to I don't want to go there :lol:

Snakes on the other hand are beautiful creatures

I like the first shot the best. The other ones (as nice as they came out) just sort of creep me out. I'm not a big fan of spiders and centipedes. :|

Most reactions

New Topics

Back