LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The big container cranes.
(They have fascinated me for years and I have always wanted to photograph them, so on Tuesday was the day!)

A_HHHafenkrne01.jpg

First I was in the wrong part of the port and could only see them from afar...

A_HHHafenkrne02.jpg

...too far for my liking (can you detect Köhlbrandbrücke in the far distance here?)

A_HHHafenkrne03.jpg

Then I found the best of spots, but dang! I was so close, the lens of my compact digi could not get the entire crane into frame...

So I had to go for it in steps:
A_HHHafenkrne06.jpg

A_HHHafenkrne05.jpg

A_HHHafenkrne04.jpg

A_HHHafenkrne07.jpg

Then I changed positions again somewhat, finding that nice foot passengers' bridge that gave me a lookout from a height:

A_HHHafenkrne08.jpg

A_HHHafenkrne09.jpg

Wow, really big cranes.

With my new job a new interest in cranes has evolved. There are six 10 ton overhead cranes in the mill.

Thanks for sharing these.

Wow, Im loving all these industrial shots. The second shot is awsome, I love the light and the angle, very nice. I also like the last two, great series.

Really nice shots here Lafoto. I love the colors of the cranes and it definitely pops with the deep blue sky too. Nice ! :thumbup:

I'm jealous ... I've read about this container terminal in a paper once and I always wanted to see it, the problem being that there is little occasion for me to go to Hamburg. But hey, there's LaFoto who shows pictures of how it looks like there ... and these pictures are .... absolutely GREAT. The colors are awesome against the blue sky ... WOW.

Well, thank you all :D.
This trip to Hamburg so fulfilled a longtime dream I've had, and I thought (!) that Tuesday might be the last chance for me to get photos against a blue sky only with lots of sunshine. Little did I know that we would not be seeing any clouds for many more days to come, including today, which once more is starting out cloudless and with lots of sunshine.
The downside of the trip was that upon getting my prints from the Canon EOS 500N (35mm SLR) I detected its continuing faults. Well, I realised something was not normal even while I was there, but the prints now show it clearly. Which is why these are the only ok-photos of the trip.
Must go back, I think! And for more parts of Hamburg, too!!!!

We went into Hamburg again yesterday afternoon, waiting for the goldenest of light, and it was worth it. Might come up with more photos soon (port from afar and other interesting scenes). If you are interested, that is.......

Wow! Very spectacular shots here Corinna! Love them all in all three of your series. I think this one is my favorite series although the shot from the first series while driving was absolutely outstanding. Excellent work!

Thank you. It makes me happy to hear that you like them, too.
To go there in a weather situation like this one had been my dream for years.
I am glad I could finally get this dream fulfilled.
And now to hear that others like the outcome of my (first, I think) photographic exploration of that part of the world (heehee) encourages me to go and try out more there.

Very cool Corinna. I like the red on the blue sky. Looks neat. I think #6 would be my fave in this series.

Most reactions

Back