Scenes From Iraq (lots)

sillyphaunt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.bugshots.net
My husband is currently deployed to Iraq (USMC). He has been there since the beginning of March, will be home mid October. He sends me picture periodically, and I thought I'd share some, lots of people wonder what things look like over there.

He works convoy security, so has really traveled all over, from Jordan, Syria, Baghdad, and everywhere in between. They don't really go in the cities, so no pics from there, but it gives you an idea a bit of what some of the troops are doing.

My husband inside his vehicle. That's the GPS system that they use to navigate.
sam1.jpg

A stop somewhere along the way.
sam2.jpg

Sam sitting on one of the vehicles.
sam3.jpg

Chow Hall
sam4.jpg

All lined up
sam6.jpg

sam7.jpg

Another look inside his vehicle (that's a picture of our daughter)
sam8.jpg

He couldn't really give me the story on this, but said that it was a big explosion.
sam9.jpg

Apparently these tanks were ones that were destroyed in Desert Storm. I guess they just sit there.
sam11.jpg

sam12.jpg

One of the convoys
sam13.jpg

sam14.jpg

I keep trying to get him to take some pictures of the actual landscape but he said all they ever see is sand , so there's not much to see.

Thanks for sharing photos.
Hope mission gets done and he gets home soon.

Wow - again. Very impressive. You'll have to tell him he has the whole photo forum rooting for him and his buddies! :thumbup: These are great.

Thanks for sharing these, Kylie! :heart:

:lol: Cruzin.. well most of them aren't happy most of the time. I think it would be safe to say they'd rather be home with their families than out in the middle of the desert.

Kylie thanks for sharing these. I was wondering how he was doing. I also love to see pictures of the troops and I hope the next months fly by for the both of you. :salute: :hugs:

If I remember right you posted some photos when he first set out. That sure seems like a long time ago. Thanks for posting and my wife and I wish him and all the troops over there a speedy and safe return.

Eric

i have a few friends over there and have seen some similar pics. thanks for sharing.

and tell your husband I said thank you.

Most reactions

Back