scenes of Málaga

Discussion in 'The Black & White Gallery' started by Ockie, Nov 8, 2008.

1. Ockie

Ockie TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    shot mainly with my Yashica today, grabbed a couple quick shots when my film roll was full :wink:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Very nice focus in the first! In that one you nailed it. Also their bright clothes stand out well against the background and people clad in darker clothing.

Didn't seem to work quite as well in the other two, though, not sure why? Looks like it was a rainy day in Málaga?

(Ah, Málaga ... makes me reminisce a bit back to the day when I first landed there by plane, my Spanish knowledge a bare 10 months "old" and very "German", all had been learned in theory only, and there I was to put it to its test, and I met the first people talking to each other in the airport and was horrified! What they spoke could not be the language I had endeavoured to learn so painstakingly for the last 10 months??? It didn't sound anywhere near what I thought was "Spanish"!!! Argh! But there I was, all on my own, and in need to find my way to the bus which'd take me to the centre of town, and there to the next bus which'd take me to the place I was destined to go - so I HAD to speak my first bits of Spanish in order to ask, and wow! Yay! I was understood! OK, I did not understand every detail of the reply but ... I got the gist and that was so encouraging! ... Sorry for the ramblings, it's just that "Málaga", the word alone, triggers all those memories!)

3. Ockie

Ockie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    hehehe :)
    Yeah, people around here can talk lot of different languages of Spanish :D

Btw, there are only 2 public buses that go to the airport, both as you come out the arrivals "gate" to the right, one (P3) goes to the parking lot and the other one (#19) goes to the city center :D

Don't know for how long that has been though, the parking lot one isn't too old I know, but I don't remember seeing any other buses at the airport.

4. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh well ... erm ... that was back in 1985 ... were you even born at that time???
    (By the way your face looks - all of a sudden it has become so green, and you used to be so nice and handsome!!! - you may WELL have been born by then ;) )

5. David_low

David_low TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yashica ! Wonder whether is the CEO is alive! Love #1 which I think has just the right DOF but prefer the 2 white spot to be rid off, esp. the one above the lady head which is abit distrasting.

6. Antarctican

Antarctican TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Nice series, Ockie. I always enjoy seeing these snippets of daily life in other countries.

The first shot is definitely my fave...I really like the way the couple stands out as compared to the surroundings. (I, too, find the bright spot above her head distracting though)

7. Ockie

Ockie TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    erm, nope... wasn't born back then :er:

just sent the negatives of the roll shot with the yashica to the store, its color slide film, so I cant do it myself :(
    Forgot to put the camera on Auto though, had it on flash sync speed for the first 20 shots of the 36 exp. roll... so I'm afraid most of it is really blown out :(. Oh well, I'll see

That white spot... I need to pay more attention on those things when shooting, thanks for pointing it out. I'm slowly learning :D

thanks, if you like these and are interested, you just might like a couple of the blogs listed here , some great "street" photographers in between them, specially Severin Koller and aschi. :sexywink: