School Business Question

vandecarr

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hope someone out there with expierence can help me here.

Here is the question:

You are doing school pictures at a school with 1000 kids which breaks down to around 40 classrooms.

How do you keep track of which pics go with which class etc?

What I came up with isn't rocket science but it seems like it would work. Here's my thought.

On a sheet of paper write the teachers name, the grade, the classroom number etc...As each student comes up ask their name and write it down and number it 1,2,3,etc...to match the picture counter on the camera.

Do you have a better system? I booked my first school for the fall of 2007 and I plan on getting at least 1 or 2 more so if you are expierenced in this area I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks,
Mike

You could just use a whiteboard with a marker in which the students (or teacher) can write their first name/last name/teacher name/grade as their turn comes up and the first photo of each student is somewhat of a 'mug shot'. The teacher's would be watching as well to ensure the kids aren't 'switching names' as I assure you they will :)

I've done this type of work for a company and the whiteboard method at the beginning of each roll is the way to go, then use masking tape on the roll canister and label these accordingly to each class. Start a new roll for each class, if digital remember the whiteboard at the beginning of a new class, dont take names it takes too much time, as long as the teacher knows the kids they can dispense the packs. This sort of work can provide a lot of cash but its a nightmare at some schools, make sure a teacher will be supervising, I've done a few where I was left to hold my own and you have to be pretty authoritive to keep some little monsters in check.

Most reactions

Back