School Fund Raiser

eddiesimages

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.eddiesimages.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First of all, I don't consider myself a professional photographer and haven't sold many photos. But, I work part time at a middle school and someone asked me about helping the school with a fund raiser. They asked me to take photos of the students at a dance and sell the photos to the kids then split the money with the school. They have done this in the past and usually let the students pose any way they want or with their friends in the photos. I thought I would take the money up front for the photos, then deliver the pictures in a week or so. Should I just print one size photo, say 5x7? What should I charge for this? Any suggestions where I could have a large number of photos (maybe 150) printed? Any suggestions or experiences you can share would be appreciated.

Well I am no expert but I would suggest keeping the size to one either 5x7 or 8x10 or maybe wallet size. Then I would charge $10 a sheet. You have to remember that students don't have alot of money but most of them have $10. Thats just my advice take it for what its worth!

Thanks for the reply. That's what I was thinking also. I thought that I would keep it to a 5x7 size and charge $8. Then I would keep $4 and give the school $4. Of course I would have to pay to have them printed, so I wouldn't be making $4, but it's for the school.

I would say give the school 1/2 of the profits AFTER you make the prints.

When you take the pictures I would make some kind of form where the students can fill out there name and home room i guess so they can be sent to them. Number all the forms 1-100 or how ever many there will be. Then have the student hold the paper for the first shot of their "session" making sur ethe number is visible. That way you know which kid gets what pictures.

Thanks, Deepspring. I hadn't even considered how I was going to match the photo up with the kid! It's so easy to miss something simple as that. That's why I posted the question, so I would make sure not to miss anything.

If you use a dry erase board, you won't even need to make them fill out a form:)
(Although you'll want to keep track on your own sheet who they are and how many prints they want and the size of the print if you are going to offer different sizes...)

Maybe just a couple shots of each student, just to make sure I got a good picture. But, I'm only printing one photo for each kid.

Most reactions

Back