SCORE!

303villain

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
my neighbor bought a d50 kit a few weeks ago, for no other reason than taking pictures of a kid's birthday, but has since lost interest in owning the camera(and has bought a point and shoot) but, being that the guy is filthy rich, 450 later, i now have a d50 along with my lovely e-500. needless to say, im pretty flippin happy! i have a couple questions though, how long is the battery life on this thing? ive never had a problem with my e-500, but im going to be taking pictures at a big paintball tournament soon, and im wondering if i should bring both cameras(the con, being having to drag more along with me)?
and second, do any companies manufacture a vertical grip for the d50??

Thats a cool story. I run out of 'card' before battery on my D70s. I think I took over 600 pictures on one charge and that was with some long exposures and a lot of reviewing. I think the D50 is listed for around 400 or 500 shots. I don't know about the battery grip.

thats abuot what my e-500 is rated at, i am going to go shoot some pictures of my gf tomorrow with the d50 and ill see which i like better. in fact, i may even sell the one i decide i like less to add to my collection of more useful parts like lenses. but then in the same breath, it might be nice to have 2 dslr's.

i KNOW ive seen a vertical grip for it somewhere(i think it was a magazine) but i cant find any online, and im at my parents house so i have no photo mags here!

Nice Score.

Battery life on the D50 is tremendous. Easily 500+ shots. As far as I know there isnt a battery grip for the D50, and since its smaller then the D70/s the crappy ones that have been develop for it wont fit.

What lens did you get with your deal? 18-70mm or the 18-55mm? Or perhaps even the two lens kit of the 18-55mm and the 55-200mm?

K

it was the 18-55, i used the camera today, and honestly, i prefer my e-500. im not bashing the d50, it did a great job, and for the price it cant be beat, but i am selling the d50 to a friend tomorrow, and just 5 minutes ago, i ordered for my e-500 the 30mm f3.5macro, and the 14-54 f2.8-3.5 ED, i got both for a bout what would get the 14-54 for after tax, i love employee accoomidations/discounts!

Most reactions

Back