Scott peterson verdict!!!!

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by mygrain, Nov 12, 2004.

1. mygrain

mygrain Friend to nose goblins everywhere

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit
  2. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    I just saw that at cnn. I was gonna find the old thread about him to revive. But this works too!
  3. mygrain

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    D'oh! sorry.... maybe the higher powers can arrange something.
  4. oriecat

oriecat work in progress

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0
    Nah it's cool, man. It was an old thread anyway.
  5. aggiezach

aggiezach Yup...

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Blah, I'm just glad its all coming to an end.... Well for now anyhow, the media will be all over the sentancing and then the appeals and blah blah blah.... Sorry I'm just not a fan of TV Trials.....
  6. treehuggerhikerboy

treehuggerhikerboy New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    interesting case, nonetheless (esp. with no weapon and no COD). I don't know about cheering for a man's death, but I guess that's california for ya. :D
  7. mygrain

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +24 / 0
    Yeah he got 1st degree on the wife and second degree on the baby...how did he intentionally axe his wife and not the baby? enquiring minds want to know.
  8. Canon Fan

Canon Fan New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Wow I didn't think they would actually do it :shock: It's about time :roll:

PS- I'm not cheering, it's just that finally a little common sense has shown it's face in CA?
  9. treehuggerhikerboy

treehuggerhikerboy New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    that's a good question...maybe it's very difficult to get 1st degree when killing an unborn child (carefully side-stepping the abortion issue).
  10. Shutterbug

Shutterbug New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I, and several close friends believe Mr.Peterson is innocent. Even though we are just High School kids, we've been following his case from a totally non-biased view, and, looking at the given evidence, he is clearly innocent.

For example, the Prosecution said that Peterson killed Lacy the night before dumping her body in the Berkeley Marina. But, an old woman in the neighborhood saw Lacy walking her dog early the morning in question. The defence recorded her testimony, but the lady died before the trial began, and the judge (Who I heard was extremely conservative) decided to throw the tape out.

Also, one of the Jury's main reasons for convicting Mr. Peterson was that "He didn't react to Lacy's death like a grieving husband." Well, some people react to the world a little differently than so called "Normal" people. Just because he doesn't break down and cry he's guilty? Since when does trying to shut out emotions to avoid pain justify a life's sentance in prison or even death?

One more thing - All the experts that the Prosecution called during the trial - They used no real evidence, just consequential stuff and assumptions. The defence, however, was able to provide real proof, but the judge seemed keen on keeping that proof away from the Jury.

Meh, like I said, I've been following this since the beginning, but hey, I'm just a 16 year old, what do I know? :roll:
  11. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    I guess you've not been following the case very well because you would have known that Scott's wife was named "Laci" and the prosecution covered and answered all your points.
    The old woman who supposedly saw Laci walking her dog could only state for sure that she saw a woman walking a dog.
    How do you know that that one of the juries main reason for conviction was that he didn't react to Laci's death like a normal husband? Have you seen some testimony from a jury member yet? I haven't, and for reference, a normal grieving husband would not be sweet talking a girlfriend at the time either.
    Please tell what was the the "real proof" from the defence that the judge kept from the jury.
  12. Jeff Canes

Jeff Canes New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    Yes it’s a bit odd. Could be the jury’s decision to go with the lesser charge.

Did the prosecution file first-degree charges in both cases or just on Lacy's?
  13. Shutterbug

Shutterbug New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Oh, please forgive me for misspelling a name, even though they are pronounced the same way.

She saw a pregnant woman walking a dog, a woman with the same hair color as Laci, and in an investigation into how many brown haired pregnant women lived within what would be called normal walking distance from that area turned up pretty much null, except for Laci.

Just because you haven't does not mean it didn't happen, and given that A) The prosecutions main case was that Scott wasn't remorseful, and B) He was found guilty after hearing the prosecutions argument, it goes to assume that is one of the reasons they convicted him.

Yeah, because ALL people are normal. Think about it.

Mainly the testimony from the old woman, and the fact that analysis of the boat in question revealed that if a body of Laci's size at the time were do have been dumped overboard, the boat would have simply capsized, being only a mere 14 feet. BOTH of those points, were denied to be used in the courtroom, along with the fact that there was NO sign of a struggle in the house, AND that the forensics report on Connor, the fetus, revealed that it died a week or two after Laci disapeared.

Please stop buying into a media hype about how he deserves it. Everything you've argued is what is being showed on the 6 o'clock news.[/i]
  14. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
  15. Shutterbug

Shutterbug New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    No, maybe because it's a fact that EVERY. SINGLE. PERSON. Who has ever been asked about the case has commented on THAT FACT, as well as the DISMISSED JUROR telling people that was the case. Sometimes you're allowed to assume when something is common sense.

Wow, I didn't know every person who has feelings for another person is a murderer... Damn, I better report my dad right now!!!

Heh.

SOURCE: http://www.cnn.com/2004/LAW/11/10/peterson.trial/

Now, unless the defense was purposly trying to screw Scott over, I would see no reason why they would try and introduce a tape supposedly proving a very big point of the case and have it be false.

Also, I've seen the boat used in the so called "Test". (Having taken the train to Modesto from Martinez to pick up a car in Merced) It's roughly 14 to 14 and a half feet long, and MAYBE 5 to 6 feet wide. It has a very shallow body, and according to the water lines on the side of the boat, it sits pretty deep into the water for it's size. You could probably flip it over with your foot.

Why? You aren't. You're just demonizing him like the rest of America.

Local Newspapers, CNN, Time Magazine, Court TV, and Logs of the Investigation.[/quote]
  16. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0

[/quote]
  17. Shutterbug

Shutterbug New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I'm not going to argue with you for a single reason:

Just shows how ignorant and stubborn you really are. You refuse to admit that there is some uncertainty to the case at all, which is just stupid. You're just as biased as the Judge that threw out all the defensive evidence - Forgive me for thinking that we should prove something BEYOND ALL SHADOWS OF DOUBT through a FAIR medium before we take a mans freedom, and maybe life away.
  18. tr0gd0o0r

tr0gd0o0r New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    My Photos Are OK to Edit
    I have a personal idea on this. The way I udnerstand 2nd degree is that it is not pre-meditated. I think it would be incredibly hard to prove beyond any reasonable doubt, that he actually thought and intended to kill the unborn son also (assuming that it was proven beyond reasonable doubt that he did for his wife).
  19. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +5 / 0
  20. Canon Fan

Canon Fan New Member

Gallery:
    Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Well it's official now [​IMG]

Listen JR, there is a reason we don't let you vote for another two years and you are displaying that wonderfully right now. Your political science and American history teachers must be very proud. Besides that you were the one professing to have an open mind here. Yet when others bring your "facts" into question with good solid arguments you simply call them stupid and twist the words to fit your scenario?

You are getting a little too bent out of shape on this one I think. And just for the record I have had no problem in the past throwinf a cooler full of beer and ice (weighs about 120-150 :wink: ) from a canoe into a rafting river. I have never tipped over, you could most certainly attain throwing a body overboard a much sturdier fishing boat.