Scottish Landscape

Blairc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
OK, here's another one of my pictures, this time taken form on top of Binny Craig. Picture taken with a Sony Cybershot W 50, and all comments and CC welcome!

DSC01965.jpg
DSC01965.jpg

Blair

Those are great shadows on the terrain! too bad the sky is blown out.

Those rolling hills and the flocks of sheep (at least I think that's what they are) make for a beautiful pastoral image. Thanks for sharing this one.

Those rolling hills and the flocks of sheep (at least I think that's what they are) make for a beautiful pastoral image. Thanks for sharing this one.

Yeah, I like the shadowing on this one, kinda makes it more 3-D if you know what I mean. And yes, they are sheep, there were quite alot around where I was standing.

too bad the sky is blown out.

Erm, sorry if this sound noobish, but what does the above quote mean?

Blair

Yeah, ...

what does the above ...?

Blair

Lost definition. Fades/cuts to pure white. Not bad in this shot- sometimes it happens.

Looks cool to me.

Yeah, I like the shadowing on this one, kinda makes it more 3-D if you know what I mean. And yes, they are sheep, there were quite alot around where I was standing.

Erm, sorry if this sound noobish, but what does the above quote mean?

Blair

It's because there's such a huge variance in the light. It goes from very dark at the bottom to very bright in the sky. What you have is not a bad compromise. The only way around it (outside of Photoshop tricks, I suppose) would be a split neutral density filter aligned with the horizon to darken the sky while leaving the bottom half as is. This shot could be a textbook example for using that type of filter.

I knew when I read the title that I may get sad by seeing this picture.
You have GREEN GRASS!!!!!!!!!!! I couldn't be more jealous.
I really need to travel when it's winter here.

Great pic though. May I suggest cropping it a bit. The foregrounds a little dark and the skies a little to bright. If you cropped it a bit, like a panoramic I think it'd help

Thanks everybody for the comments.:) I'll try and crop it and see what it looks like. Dinodan, I might be getting Photoshop Elements soon, so watch this space!

Blair

Most reactions

New Topics

Back