TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A link to Scotland. C&C welcome.

Thanks,
daithi

3049575820_0b8e5a0810_o.jpg

I like this shot, however, with the saturation (at least that's how it looks on my monitor) so high, it looks like a computer generated picture rather than one actually shot.

Hi Ypperin - thanks for the comments. I would agree that the image looks computer generated but it's the effect I was trying to achieve and its generally how hdr images turn out when you combine several exposures and apply some adjustments to saturation, luminosity etc via tone mapping.

daithi

Sometimes, HDR-images are made to look a bit "cartoonish", and sometimes I like the effect, and for most times I don't like it on my own photos, but here it sort of works. A person pulling a case behind him at the far end of this tunnel would have been the dot on the i (as we would say in German).

Hi LaFoto - think you might be onto something with an added focal point. It would give a point of interest in the image... Just experimenting with this hdr stuff really - not sure if I like it yet but it's fun trying.

Thanks for the comments
daithi

I don't generally like the effect of HDR images and agree that they have a cartoonish look to most of them. I like this shot though and I think the reason for that is the strong composition and detail that, ironically, HDR brings out here. I think that you've done the very best that you could with this situation- nice work!

Most reactions

Back