Scottish Mayhem

ShutteredEye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.theshutteredeye.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Scottish Mayhem is a group out of Houston, TX and played at Scarborough Faire. Here's a few shots of them, comments and critique appreciated.

61058445.jpg

61058449.jpg

61058451.jpg

61058452.jpg

61058457.jpg

61058459.jpg

61058454.jpg

Although i really do love these shots, i think you could have been a little more creative with the angles and composition.

5 is definately the best...excellent shot! Personally,when I see shots of musicians I love seeing them during the act of singing or playing. Miles blowing, Roach at the moment of a snare impact, Hendrix strumming that harmonic (and smelling something bad).

In 5 he is clearly in the act of playing. Some of the others seem like you missed the perfect time but just a second or 2.

Otherwise, you have great color and clarity in most of the pics. I would actually remove the sephia and B&W effects on the two pics. There is too much interesting colors in the shots to remove them from the pic.

Just my 2 cents.

Thanks for the comments all.

I was limited in how much I could move around as they were performing, and I need to keep my seat to not be rude (it was a very small performance, maybe 50 people.)

RoRoCo--I wasn't sure about the conversions either. I'm going to send these to their webmaster to see if they'd like to use any of them for their site, so I thought I'd send a variety of effects.

#6 I was proud of simply for the fact I managed to keep everybody sitting in front of me out of the picture, LOL!!!

ShutteredEye said:
I was limited in how much I could move around as they were performing, and I need to keep my seat to not be rude (it was a very small performance, maybe 50 people.)

Trust me, I know how that is, and you did good!

JEazy said:
Trust me, I know how that is, and you did good!

And I was shooting with prime lenses, no zooms!

LOL!!!

I guess I should have just been rude, others were. It was funny I got knocked out of the way by a local newspaper photographer later in the day. They can be real jerks sometimes. :thumbdown: Oh well.

ShutteredEye said:
And I was shooting with prime lenses, no zooms!

LOL!!!

I guess I should have just been rude, others were. It was funny I got knocked out of the way by a local newspaper photographer later in the day. They can be real jerks sometimes. :thumbdown: Oh well.

hahaha it's funny that you say that, cause i am a local newspaper photographer! and i am a jerk sometimes! haha

All of us photogs have a little jerk in us.

Great shots.

I love bagpipes and used to play them myself.

absolutely wonderfl shots Robert! love the tones in all... nice color palette.. and great bw/sepia conversions
beautiful series :)
thanks for sharing

Most reactions

Back