Scratch and Win...

bace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Texas Hold'em.

So I grabbed a ticket for fun on Sunday. Won $3 twice. Went back a few days later and grabbed two more tickets. Got home scratched the first zone, my cards gave me four of a kind, which beat the flush that my "oponent" had. Prize lot; $10. Next area, My Full house beats oponents flush. Prize lot; $1000.

...as you can imagine, I just about **** my pants. Examined it closely three of four time as I'm sure this could not be right. But sure enough, I had the winning hands against both flushes.

...until I realized they were straight flushes. Stupid game.

So...humor me here...I'm not a poker player...you're hand didn't win then, because it was a straight flush? What did it have to be?

Straight Flush is the highest hand. 4 of a kind is the second highest hand. Full house is the third. Then Flush. Then Straight. Then 3 of a kind. then 2 pair. Then 1 pair. Then High Card.

bace said:
Straight Flush is the highest hand. 4 of a kind is the second highest hand. Full house is the third. Then Flush. Then Straight. Then 3 of a kind. then 2 pair. Then 1 pair. Then High Card.
Wait!! Isn't Royal Flush the highest hand? :scratch:

terri said:
Wait!! Isn't Royal Flush the highest hand? :scratch:

Yes, but a Royal Flush is just the highest straight flush you can get.

Much like 4 Aces beat 4 Kings.

seeen?

bace said:
Yes, but a Royal Flush is just the highest straight flush you can get.

Much like 4 Aces beat 4 Kings.

seeen?
Oh, okay. :) It's been a long time since I really sat in on a round of poker. I think I could have named them down from Flush, but I would have started with Royal Flush.

I think I always lost, too. :lol:

My better half is addicted to the Texas Hold em scratchies. Once he thought he won two games on the same scratchie, which would have earned him a cool $ 1,000 and $ 25 lol.

On closer inspection he saw that the scratchie won :meh:

Most reactions

Back