screws

spako

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
spako.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's so cold over here that I couldnt get myself out of the warm house to take pictures.. so I settled inside, with a screw an LED light and a piece of white paper... here's what I got.. tell me which ones you prefer :)

IMG_3940_1_1.jpg

IMG_3935_1_1.jpg

IMG_3917_1_2.jpg

IMG_3878_1.jpg

IMG_3922_1.jpg

IMG_3925_1_1.jpg

1&2. Could use a little bit deeper depth of field to bring out a bit more detail around the head of the screw. Love the gradient coloring.

#3: my favorite of the series. I like the depth of field on this one, the composition is better since I can see more of the screw and the B&W conversion is great. Nice job with placement of screw on the lower portion of the photo to bring out the foreboding darkness around and focus on the screw head itself. Nice sharpness where its needed. a picky suggestion...maybe a bit more lighting on the screw(maybe from secondary source from above or from another side). So we could see a litle more of the detail. It sorta looses itself with the background. Very nice job overall.

The rest...do nothing for me. sorry. Great job on the above photos.

I say 1 and 3.

And congrats on your being so creative!
I haven't taken pics in days because of the nasty weather (and our many rehearsals, too, that sure accounts for my leaving the camera on the side right now) ... and you take that simple screw, the LED light, the camera and your ideas and come up with this: COOL!

NIce series. Cut back on the BUZZED overkill PS FILTERs. you have some Nice Shots there. PRops.

Thank you!

@Hfry: The only ones I used some PS to modify the colours are 3 and 6 where I used a duotone... the others were pretty much like that (using different white balance settings while shooting)

Most reactions

Back