Sculpture portraits

Discussion in 'The Professional Gallery' started by skiboarder72, Dec 8, 2005.

1. skiboarder72

skiboarder72 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Let me know what you think!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Christie Photo

Christie Photo No longer a newbie, moving up!

uhhh... they're in focus... and the exposure seems fine.

I'm always confused about how to comment on photos of... well, I supose, someone else's work. I think what's tough for me is that you've placed them in the portrait section. From a different standpoint, say... commercial/advertising, I say these were all successful photos, especially the first image. All white "products" can be a challenge and you handled it well.

I want to rotate the second one to make the lines of the window frame plumb. And on the third, I see no reason to keep the pole in the image. A simple task to clone it out, or just crop.

I hope this is helpful.

Pete

3. skiboarder72

skiboarder72 No longer a newbie, moving up!

thanks alot christie

4. MisledAmoeba

MisledAmoeba TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I always love photos where the subject is something inanimate, yet the photographer has given it life.

The shadow on the woman and how she's looking down/away from the camera gives the second photo a sad, very melancholy feeling. The first is my favorite. I really like the lighting- it's great that his eyes stand out a lot even though it's all the same color. I think the concept of the skeleton is great, although I don't really care for that particular photo. I think you should use a different backround, and possibly consider losing the pole, (although with a backround change it might work nicely).

Just wondering- did you use a light meter for the first shot?