Sculptures, Statues and Monuments

Fujifilm GA645ZI. Acros 100 shot @ 400. HC 110 B, Rapid Fix, Epson V800

Calder.jpg

Porta 160, Minolta Maxxum 9, 70-210 beercan

000241990011E.jpg

Worn and Weathered

A couple of weeks ago, I photographed this eagle at the now-closed St. Francis of Assisi Catholic Church. Built in 1889, the church served the Polish community, closing after merger with another church.

S.W.%20Detroit%20Church%20Eagle%20-%20Vert%20Crop_zpssk9zu9ur.jpg

Nikon F, 55 micro
.. This is so special to me. It reminds me of a time when I was profiled as a white man. I was unable to see it in my youth. I understand the bronze is not showing us that. But my best friend could be the boy asking his auntie if it's ok to play with the white boy. This was in a time that it was commonly concerning for the black community to interact with the white folk. There was a massive move out of Caucasian families in Detroit for whatever reason. I was a kid, I could of cared less, either did he. The wise auntie let him hang with me. I credit my father for instilling in me, to love. He never, ever mentioned race, religion, or anything that is so dynamic today. My Father, whom is still alive today, has his short comings but race relations is not one of them. I love my Dad, I thank him for making me somewhat ignorant in this volatile, world system. I have sold several prints of this.

I hope the story doesn't take away from the photo.

auntie BF.jpg

It's almost perfect. Judging from the horizontal line under the columns at the bottom of the photo, it needs just a smidge of straightening. You nailed the sky color perfectly and the lighting is great to me. Nice going!

Loving the plugin used on this one.

-Edit.jpg

I wholeheartedly agree with that choice. The details in the robe jump off the screen and it makes her look formidable.

I wholeheartedly agree with that choice. The details in the robe jump off the screen and it makes her look formidable.

Thank you Dean I just had a try in Topaz and loved it, so much so I am going to print it up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back