SD card preference for weddings

mcera76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i currently own a Canon 6d. I've shot 4 weddings & have a rather big extravagant one coming up. I'm looking for advice on cards, GB and if I should break up each segment of the day.

My last weddings I used 2 64GB Sandisk Extreme.

But I'm thinking for editing purposes it might be better to use more cards, less GB.

Recommendations please

I always like using cards on the smaller side anyway, that way if you have a failure then you lose less photos.

32gb cards seem to be my go-to nowadays.

My last weddings I used 2 64GB Sandisk Extreme.
That's extreme!

I'm assuming one was a duplicate, so even at that, filling one 64GB card is a LOT of photos.

If you're making a backup copy, I don't see the point of splitting the day.

I should of clarified. I used the 64 and brought a second in the event it had an issue. Does anyone have a perferance on type of card?

I should of clarified. I used the 64 and brought a second in the event it had an issue. Does anyone have a perferance on type of card?
How (and when) will you know if the first card has an issue? After the event will be too late.

Sandisk Extreme.

I usually try to find small ones, but lately the smallest I see are 8GB. Oh, well, still fairly cheap even at that size.

Thanks for your input . It's super helpful. I'm really trying to corner the wedding market now that I have fallen into it so I'm quite the beginner.

Sent from my iPhone using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Most reactions

Back