SD Memory card

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm after upgrading to a bigger memory card to cope with my new found love of shooting in RAW mode.

There's quite a bit of difference in prices for the different makes of card so, my question is: Just because this card is a lot cheaper than the others, does it make it inferior? 2GB CARD

Some are constructed better (Sandisk Extreme) and some have faster read & write speeds.

Thanks for your quick reply Mike. I'll have a chat tomorrow with Jessops. Seems like a good deal though. Speed's not a problem with me me cos i'm a pretty patient guy

My experience with SD in cameras is that the speed of the card is hard to notice - impossible to notice for me. I'd save a few pence and go for the standard cards.

For the cost of a couple or three cards you can get a portable hard drive that stores images. I use a 40 gig portable hd (about 200 USD), shooting raw in difficult situations and jpg fine in normal ones and it works out well.

When you shoot in bursts and the camera has to pause because the buffer can't write to the card fast enough you'll be left scratching your... :meh::meh:

:mrgreen:

Seriously if you shoot anything in bursts spring for the faster cards... I use the San Disk extremes for weddings and parties or sports where I need to be able to pop off a bunch of frames... I have some cheapy SanDisk cards in my bag for general purpose use... they work just fine.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back