sea birds

quad b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
took this today. I'm not sure what I can do post shot to make it any better. what does everyone think?

seabirds2.jpg

I wouldn't touch it! I like it as it is! simple but creative. And original :D I like it a lot! Especially the "lowest" bird looking in the opposite direction! :)

Personally, I like Hoppy's idea of cropping the bottom (blown out) bit. I did the "scroll-crop" just to test what it would be like and I find the blown out part of the water is quite distracting, therefore the overall photo nicer without it.

Other than that it is risky to photograph black birds like these cormorants against a bright background such as this sunlit surface of the sea as their own feather textures will not come out. It does, to an extent, though, which is nice.

I tried to photograph cormorants several times, last when on holidays on the rivers and lakes all around Berlin in July, and I found it quite difficult to get their photo! You you did well here all in all. And yes, it is funny to see how only ONE looks in HIS OWN direction. Stubborn bird ;) !!!

they were all stubborn. every time i got close (which took me about five minutes of sneaking through the rocks and leaving me with wet trousers) they'd move. I cropped as suggested, here's the result...

seabirds3.jpg

Better ... but your six new cormorant pics are even better again! :D

Most reactions

Back