Sea snail

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Found him crawling on the beach. Must have been 2 cm long.
1367978709_3a38aba401_b.jpg

1367977735_a78634a3ac_b.jpg

That's one cool snail! The stones with a shallow DOF are a bit distracting (in number 2) but at 2cm there wasn't much you could have done. I love how you captured his eyes in the second photo. Nice work.

They only come out of the shell when they out grow them. But once in a blue moon when walking on the beach you can find them shell less. The tourist traps shop around here sell them as pets with a bowl for like 25$ and I can go to the beach and get about 100 of them in a matter of 10 mins.

Very nice second photo; would have liked to see the eyes a bit sharper in the first photo but being that close up, it was probably hard to manage handheld...
Nice overall work!

That's one cool snail! The stones with a shallow DOF are a bit distracting (in number 2) but at 2cm there wasn't much you could have done. I love how you captured his eyes in the second photo. Nice work.

Thanks for your comments.

Very nice second photo; would have liked to see the eyes a bit sharper in the first photo but being that close up, it was probably hard to manage handheld...
Nice overall work!

Thanks. Not to add an excuse, but I had no auto focus, which made focusing on the eyes a bit harder...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back