Seagull GC-104?

Tyler Wicka

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
does any body know anything about theese cameras or have any pictures that i can see that have been takin with one because im thinking of buying one..

I think the lomography.com site sells them for a bit too much money. You could try there. They're alright. I'd much prefer a mamiya C series, a rollei of course, or a yashica mat.

Seagulls are basically Yashicas with poorer quality control. For the same money you can get a used Yashica 124-G which is a better camera.

and with Yashica you can just use any 120mm film? or what?

Some are 120 only, there's at least one model that's 220 only (don't get that one), and maybe several that can do both 120 and 220. The Yashica 124-G is the latest model I think. I assume it can shoot either.

Google "yashica tlr". They are very popular, and there are a lot of info sites.

Yes the 124G's film pressure plate can be easily switch from 120 to 220.

The basic design of TLRs (and the formula for a good taking lens) have not really changed for a very long time. I don't see that buying a new Seagull would give you any real advantage over a Mamiya, Yashica, Minolta or any number of older TLRs - which will probably be cheaper and may have better lenses.

I don't see that buying a new Seagull would give you any real advantage over a Mamiya, Yashica, Minolta or any number of older TLRs - which will probably be cheaper and may have better lenses.

I would go with any of those over a Seagull. Not to say that you can't take decent photographs with a Seagull, but I think you'd get more quality for your money.

No doubt. £50 for an Autocord... can't really go wrong there. :D

I totally agree with the rest of replies here. Can't go wrong with a Mamiya, Yashica or Rolleicord.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back