Seagull in Bar Harbor Maine

jjrm1

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Bird1.jpg

jj

I like this shot, very good composition and use of thirds. I like it as a whole but when I see that bird I want a close up. As my photographic mentor always says MOVE CLOSER! Great shot!

This was as close as he would let me get

DSC_0064.jpg

....before this happened

DSC_0056.jpg

but I liked the first one with the backround :)
jj

WOW great shots. The closeup is amazing! How close were you actually? I find it a good idea to bring some breadcrumbs and get the birds busy with them. Then they possibly let you come closer ...

Thank you! I was very close to him, about 4 feet. I wish I did have something to feed him. That is a great idea. I'll have to get some crackers and throw them in my glove box :)

jj

Wow... that's a lot closer than I can ever get. They always take off in flight. I need a longer lens I think. I like the 2nd shot where I can see the color of the birds eyes.

well it's pretty hard to capture a seagull well, because it is very easy to overexpose it's head and loose detail. Actually I like the last picture where the seagull is flying... looks as if it was jumping between the walls :)

Que Bueno! Yes very nice change, the detail! Oh my I really like round 2 of the photos. Forget any qualms I had with the first set, I like them all!

those are some very nice shots, don't be afraid not to center the subject. Play around a bit and see what happens. You may find the pictures to be more dramatic if the subject is not always centered.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back