Seagulls... C&C please!

Luna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Last edited:
Nice studies. The first 7 all err a little on the underexposed side, but that can easily be remedied with any pp-software.

The last is funniest and lends itself best towards a "caption contest" :D.

They are all well captures, and nice compositions. But as Corinna says a bit under exposed and rather blue? Was the white balance off?, All nice and clear and well framed though.

tim

good composition, ditto on the exposures, what lens you using?

Capturing birds in flight isnt easy so good effort.

How was cancun? Wouldnt mind going there :)

Your white balance definitely wasn't reading correctly.

I'm still learning and I haven't looked into white balance yet.

This is one of those features you will need to play with to learn it...your not wasting any film, right? IMO, the best way to learn something is to purposely screw it up, and then figure out how I did it, and what the correct way is to fix it.
While playing around, pick different lighting situations and shoot the same picture while cycling through all of the white balance settings, just so you see what they do. Do some in the living room with the lamps on, some in the garage with the florescent work lights on (if you have one), and go out on a sunny day and do the same thing. You will see the different color casts that white balance affects. Personally, when shooting outdoors, I almost always use the "cloudy" WB, even on sunny days, as it tends to give warmer tones.

One of my favorite photo subjects is birds, and I can tell you that you are off to a pretty good start. The in-flight compositions on most of your shots are really nice....keep practicing, and don't be afraid to play with the settings on your camera....this is how you learn.

i agree with the white balance
it looks like it was geared for the water and not the birds

Composition is very nice, the white balance is off (like was said before), and I like the last one - pretty funny:)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back