Searching for a good book I lost

AnEthiopian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey! I'm new to the site but am no stranger to photography. Although I do have the basics down, I always look forward to learning from books and practice on improving my work. With that being said, maybe someone a bit more proficient in literary studies on the subject of photography can assist me.

More specifically, it is a book that was about lighting and lenses. I forget the exact name though but it was a fairly old book (maybe about 20-30 years old) that was not so much a textbook but more of
a self-learning read. I have but one photo of the book that is shown here.

WP_20160406_001.jpg

I know it may not be much evidence and that it is a lot to ask for but my real objective is to find the book online and purchase it or just knowing what to look for. I lost it a year back and have yet to find it, so any assistance would be appreciated. Also, recommendations of books are always nice to have.

Thanks!

I might also add that this was like a 2nd edition of some sort I think. So it was possibly a textbook.

The layout looks like a Time-Life book.

Hardback?

The layout looks like a Time-Life book.

Hardback?
It is hardcover, with a paper sleeve of course. I would be able to remember if it was a TIME book but to my knowledge, it was not. The cover of it had a black and white outlining of your typical film camera with the lenses aiming towards the reader with the background consisting mainly of black with the exception of the title. I can picture it in my head but for the life of me, I can't remember what words the title consisted of. Again, something regarding 'lenses' and 'lighting'.

The format reminds me of John Hedgecoe's books.

It's size, I would say was smaller than a sheet of printing paper.

All I can tell you is that it was probably published in the mid-to-late 70s. Polacolor 2 came out in 1975 and it's still talking about ASA rather than ISO rating, which (according to Wikipedia) was not published in its current form until 1979.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
UPDATE: I've finally received the book from amazon thanks to OUR detective work!

Attachments

• 20170322_120151.jpg
    20170322_120151.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 172

Most reactions

New Topics

Back