Searching for lost images :(

Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just had to come on here and cry for a moment :cry:

I have been working on my master image archiving the last week or so digging up all of my image files so far from the 10D (over 7,000 total) and realized something horrible this morning.

I am missing almost 700 files! :shock: :cry:

This is after taking into account files that were deleted in the camera ect. I have 2 huge gaping holes in my directory where a routine backup should have been. I don't know how this could have happened since I usually burn two discs AND back them up on a hard drive. Must have lost discs and bad drives laying around somewhere hiding from me and laughing at my dismay :cry:

Figures too, EVERY single welding shot I EVER took is in this missing bunch and I really liked a couple of them and had plans to print some this year :(

This sucks.

[/crying like a little girl]

I've got something like this for my CDs:
xccd100.jpg

...and there's one disc in there that chipped on the very very edge of the rim. Just so happened to be a disc with pictures from a wedding that I shot last Sept. When the bride/groom contacted me for a copy of the CD, I was like "Sure! No problem, I'll have them sent right away!" Went to the disc, popped it in the computer, and the last 2 images were completely inaccessible. I panicked, but I finally just didn't tell them, and they never realized it.

OH HAPPY DAY!!!!

Coming here and whining REALLY HELPED THIS TIME!!!

I FOUND THEM!

693 files in all spanning 5 discs but I got'em! My backup/re-org is almost complete now :thumbup:

Wow Kent that really does suck. Did you try any recovery proggy's?

Oh well at least they didn't know the difference ;)

Most reactions

Back