searching for the name

Kawaracer

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
_JJZ3737klein.jpg

At the Menin gate.

Nice shot. This might be worth a try in BW or less saturation.

yeah... I think bw also

thanx Ill see what works best.

Excellent - and poignant - picture.
_JJZ3737kleinllllll.jpg

I think Mike Lamb has a good point, the crucial parts here are essentially monochrome and the bright colors of the wreaths are distracting.

I might also upright the slanting edges to remove the distraction and move him a bit off the center.

This is what I made from it in black and white

_JJZ3737ZW%20klein.jpg

The intention was to tell the dramatic story of the great war (or any other war) that lives on through the generations by honoring and commemorate the fallen soldiers. Is this story coming trough (altough the photo is staged, it is my 3year old son showing the letters of his name) if you're not familiar with the traditions and symbols?

while the details of the story as you say it aren't perfectly conveyed, certainly the basic emotions and ideas are there.

while the details of the story as you say it aren't perfectly conveyed, certainly the basic emotions and ideas are there.
OK, It is hard to estimate how others see the story

I can appreciate why the call is there for the image to be b&w but I think that loosing the colour in the poppies is an issue for me. Being an ex-British soldier the red poppy holds a special place in my heart.

I can appreciate why the call is there for the image to be b&w but I think that loosing the colour in the poppies is an issue for me. Being an ex-British soldier the red poppy holds a special place in my heart.
That is the reason I didn't post in B&W in the opening post, I can also tell that being at 'the last post' there was a strange overwelming feeling creeping upon me, a feeling that I also got when I visited 'Tine Cot' the biggest commonwelth cemetry on the european mainland. That was the inspiration for this photo. Maybe you like my other post about the Menin Gate

Most reactions

New Topics

Back