Searching for ways to get people to stop telling me to sell my pictures.....

I get this from people and I've given answers similar to some posted on here. Recently someone asked and caught me by surprise so I just blurted out the first thing in my mind, which was: "I just don't want to be bothered. I have other things I want to do." This seemed to work better, at least on the people who were there at the time, than anything else I've ever said.

I know this can be very annoying. Do keep in mind that these people are trying to give you a complement.

I know this can be very annoying. Do keep in mind that these people are trying to give you a complement.
Oh yes! I know. And I always say thank you. I am mostly refferring to the ones who just won't let it go. Saying it once doesn't bother me. It's when I can't seeem to get the conversation to end where I'm getting frustrated!

Oh yes! I know. And I always say thank you. I am mostly refferring to the ones who just won't let it go. Saying it once doesn't bother me. It's when I can't seeem to get the conversation to end where I'm getting frustrated!

I'm thinking maybe a T-shirt of some sort. Problem is I can't think of a "family friendly" way to express the sentiment.. lol

Nobody ever asks me this question. :(

Sent from my M470BSA using Tapatalk

Jazzie, ask them if the food you serve tastes good. If they say yes, ask them if you should open a restaurant to take advantage of your cooking skills. They'll get the analogy, I'm sure. And if they don't, just smile sweetly and thank them for the compliments.

Jazzie, ask them if the food you serve tastes good. If they say yes, ask them if you should open a restaurant to take advantage of your cooking skills. They'll get the analogy, I'm sure. And if they don't, just smile sweetly and thank them for the compliments.

I'll try this one! Just might work, I DO cook better than I photograph. ;-)

"Why would I want to bother selling my photographs? I make enough money selling guns to terrorists."

I mean the OP doesn't want to make money off of her time and experience then so be it. Unless you wear a sign that tell people not to tell you to charge for your photography. I personally always want to be compensated for my time and experience, but that's just me. :)

Most reactions

Back