Searching Metadata

Discussion in 'General Shop Talk' started by Meysha, Apr 10, 2008.

1. Meysha

Meysha still being picky Vicky

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Here's my problem.

Imagine roughly 400 staff needing access to photographs on a server taken by 5 different photographers.

Problem for photographers: Need to be able to input metadata quickly and easily for a lot of photos each day.

Problem for staff: Need to be able to search metadata to find the photo they need without having extra software installed on the computers (because there are over 400 staff in our city, let alone the other 400 in each other capital city, and they don't want to spend more money on software)

Methods tried: We've tried heaps of different ways of inputting the data via different software - ACDSee, Bridge, even the Window's Properties view. but none of this metadata is searchable from Windows search except the direct input into the file properties via right clicking and then properties. But there's no batch method to do this.

Any solutions?

2. Mike_E

Mike_E No longer a newbie, moving up!

The Upper West Side of Mississippi (you have no i
    Photos OK to edit
    Store them as an HTML page and use tags?

3. Snyder

Snyder TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I use mediagrid its th standard for most DOD photojournalists, however there are some out there raving about photo mechanic for working on their photos and adding all the metadata into it, they both work but both have a different work flow.