Seattle tourism

ccarollo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
All of these are handheld HDR, usually 3 or 4 exposures, manually bracketed. The second one was 5 exposures because the range was so extreme, shooting into the sun. Processed with Photoshop and my own tonemapping program.

Small "waterfall garden" in the middle of Pioneer square.
SeattleA03.jpg

View downtown from the top of the Space Needle, looking right into the morning sun. This was really challenging, but I kind of like the effect I ended up with.
SeattleA04.jpg

Similarly, looking to the right towards Elliot Bay.
SeattleA06.jpg

Up in the Smith Tower (which is almost on the other side of downtown from the Space Needle). Used to be the fourth-tallest building in the world when it was built in 1914. Looking down on a nearby park.
SeattleA07.jpg

Looking at Columbia Tower, the tallest building in Seattle. I liked how the black glass looked against the increasingly-overcast day.
SeattleA10.jpg

The Library at the University of Washington. Unfortunately it was closed so we couldn't go inside. It's supposed to have some beautiful vaulted ceilings.
SeattleA14.jpg

One of the many bridges in Seattle, I honestly don't remember which one. Looking across Lake Union from Gas Works Park.
SeattleA16.jpg

Gas Works Park from a nearby hill. Used to be a coal gasification plant, now it's a park.
SeattleA17.jpg

The Ballard locks. Lots of ships going in and out, but a bad time of year to see any fish hopping around.
SeattleA18.jpg

Looking at the Sound from Discovery Park, lots of sailboats out despite the cool overcast weather. Made for some perfect backlighting as the sun was setting, though.
SeattleA21.jpg

I think your last shot is a winner. Those leaves give it the right color in the right place to balance the shot off nicely. Tired of seeing grey brown sand as a foreground in seascapes.

I think your last shot is a winner. Those leaves give it the right color in the right place to balance the shot off nicely. Tired of seeing grey brown sand as a foreground in seascapes.

x2

great HDR shots! They make me want to go to Seattle. I love that city and I plan to drive up there this Christmas.

Gorgeous Stills. The photos looks so natural and nice. Thank you for such a awesome photos presented here. By the way, have you heard of MiNeeds.com? It really simplifies finding affordable photographers. I used it to find them for my wedding. Essentially, after I described what I needed on this site, I received several competitive bids from local photographers. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to call around and negotiate with each, and that they actually came to me.

Seattle Photographers & Photography - Get Bids & Save | MiNeeds

Most reactions

Back