Seattle tourism

Discussion in 'HDR Discussions' started by ccarollo, Nov 5, 2009.

1. ccarollo

ccarollo TPF Noob!

All of these are handheld HDR, usually 3 or 4 exposures, manually bracketed. The second one was 5 exposures because the range was so extreme, shooting into the sun. Processed with Photoshop and my own tonemapping program.

Small "waterfall garden" in the middle of Pioneer square.
    [​IMG]

View downtown from the top of the Space Needle, looking right into the morning sun. This was really challenging, but I kind of like the effect I ended up with.
    [​IMG]

Similarly, looking to the right towards Elliot Bay.
    [​IMG]

Up in the Smith Tower (which is almost on the other side of downtown from the Space Needle). Used to be the fourth-tallest building in the world when it was built in 1914. Looking down on a nearby park.
    [​IMG]

Looking at Columbia Tower, the tallest building in Seattle. I liked how the black glass looked against the increasingly-overcast day.
    [​IMG]

The Library at the University of Washington. Unfortunately it was closed so we couldn't go inside. It's supposed to have some beautiful vaulted ceilings.
    [​IMG]

One of the many bridges in Seattle, I honestly don't remember which one. Looking across Lake Union from Gas Works Park.
    [​IMG]

Gas Works Park from a nearby hill. Used to be a coal gasification plant, now it's a park.
    [​IMG]

The Ballard locks. Lots of ships going in and out, but a bad time of year to see any fish hopping around.
    [​IMG]

Looking at the Sound from Discovery Park, lots of sailboats out despite the cool overcast weather. Made for some perfect backlighting as the sun was setting, though.
    [​IMG]

2. Bynx

Bynx No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I think your last shot is a winner. Those leaves give it the right color in the right place to balance the shot off nicely. Tired of seeing grey brown sand as a foreground in seascapes.

3. Sinister_kid

Sinister_kid TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    x2

4. chip

chip TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    great HDR shots! They make me want to go to Seattle. I love that city and I plan to drive up there this Christmas.

5. alaznec54

alaznec54 TPF Noob!

Gorgeous Stills. The photos looks so natural and nice. Thank you for such a awesome photos presented here. By the way, have you heard of MiNeeds.com? It really simplifies finding affordable photographers. I used it to find them for my wedding. Essentially, after I described what I needed on this site, I received several competitive bids from local photographers. I liked the fact that I didn’t have to call around and negotiate with each, and that they actually came to me.

Seattle Photographers & Photography - Get Bids & Save | MiNeeds