seawall

shardsofxapril

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
PhotoLibrary-873.jpg

whatcha think?

immediately i'm drawn to the angle of the shot,although i understand the abstract factor your trying to give it, i find myself tilting my head to the right, and thinking that would be a much better perspective, perhaps sharpened up a bit, applying more depth of field,and presuming you have not cropped it to that, i would have captured it in landscape format, good subject though....

no thats just how i shot it, for some reason I like a little bit of angle on some photos (i guess it's just me)
that and there really isnt any lanscape due to the fact that was just a wall, on the other side of it is more water

I like the angle of this shot. I also like the different colours of the waterline on up the seawall. Great job.

I did exactly the same as dalebe when I first saw the shot and tilted my head to the right. As much as I like angles on some shots, I think the subject and composition overall mean this shot doesn't really need the tilt.

I think it would better portrait than landscape, but that's just my opinion. You've captured some lovely detail and the DOF looks pretty good from here too.

hmm I don't like the angle!!! I think that there are some subjects that SOULD NEVER be tilted - SEA for exaple. And if you have a chance - go there during the sunset or late evening, try long exposures or wait for bigger waves... that might improve the shot. What I like here is the DOF... don't change it. use the same gear... and don't feel upset after reading this qritique :) sorry :) sometimes I might be harsh :)

^_^ thanks everyone, no i appreciate the criticism it is afterall why i posted it here in the critique forums
living on the west coast of florida isn't exactly a area filled with oppurtunity it's either raining or boring haha
i was lucky there were that big of waves when I was there
i intend on going out again tomorow but maybe I'll hit up the boat drydocks instead we'll see

Most reactions

Back