Secluded Beach

Cheyenne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi Guys,

Below is one of the recent shots I took of my local beach. It is pretty seculed and out of the way, not many people (except a few locals) even really know that it exists and it's very rare to encounter other people down there when I am there (I take my dogs down there quite often for a run)

I am beginning to understand I have a HUGE amount to learn especially when it comes to Landscape photography so any comments, criticisms or suggestions on how I could make this shot better next time would help a lot.

I really like the feel to this shot as the place has a special meaning for me but there seems to be a bit of dead space?

DSCN15241.jpg

Well, as it presents itself here on my screen, I can tell it is suffering from compression or a combination of sharpening and compression ... so I would not dare to suggest I play with it a little to enhance colours and contrasts, but all in all I must say that I find your composition quite pleasing and there is NOT too much "empty" space in the lower lefthand side of the photo since the beach is actually what you want to show, isn't it? The tree frames it nicely, actually I think you might have wanted to bend your knees just a bit to include some more water and maybe even the far bank of this lake and they'd not be hidden by the lowest branch.

And the colours could "jump" a little more with some levels or curves adjustments, but like I said: I would not dare to play with this compressed version any more.

Thanks guys :D

Lafoto I can see what your saying about getting down a little bit lower :)

It does lack colour and a little clarity but hopefully those two will come :D

Nice shot Cheyenne. I agree with LaFoto. It might need a bit of contrast or colour adjustment to bring out a little umph. And if you bend just a tad, and take out a bit of that tree at the top, you would have a fine shot on your hands. Or take a saw and cut that one branch off.:D But is sure looks like an awesome place to hang out.

Most reactions

Back