Second Attempt at Studio Type Photos

Skedaddle

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok, so the first time I tried the background was a white sheet and it had a lot of wrinkles in it. This time I took these using only daylight coming in from the right and tinfoil as a reflector on the left. This was the setup for the second photo. On the first photo, he was facing into the light. However, I am still not comepletely happy with how they turned out. Next time, I'll back up more so that the face doesn't fill the frame as much. Anything else I can do to make them look better?

(1)
3766939735_b21e4a16f3.jpg

(2)
3767740612_60ef32c6d5.jpg

I'm just a beginner myself, so I don't have any advice, but I think they look pretty awesome. Their eyes are awesome. Is that just how they are, or did you use photo editing software?

Thank you commenting. :) I did brighten and sharpen the eyes a little bit but I did not change the color.

Not bad at all for a second try. Those are very nice portraits if not the most exciting ones. To be honest, most nice kids portraits are not very exciting to me unless my kids or grandkids are the subjects :lol:

Like the composition of the first one.

Thank you for replying. :) I wasn't really working on having the kids pose which is why they are boring in that matter. My main concern at the moment is getting the lighting right. I figure once I can get the lighting down, I'll start working on posing. :)

Practice makes perfect.
I'd recommend KelbyTraing video by David Ziser and classical portraits. He does a very good job explaining ins/outs of portraiture.
Keep on working:thumbup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back