Second chance at a first impression?

musiqfan23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The first time I tried this I couldn't upload the images for some reason so I'm trying it once more. So we'll call this my second first post. PA2_5638-Edit.jpg PA2_5592-Edit-2.jpg PA2_5663-Edit.jpg Thanks for any c/c.

Welcome again!

Personally I like the first one most. second is good, but I think it may look better in colour. The splitting trails are a little disturbing though. The third one is too flat for my own taste.

probably the images were too big.

the first and the third one aren't too interesting, I don't see what you saw and there's really not much of you as the photographer with an eye for composition.

The second, however, is very, very nicely done.
Although it is a standard picture that many photographers take, in this case, it is beautifully done.
Composition is excellent, the exposure is perfect - the lights are clean and distinct - and it is very nicely converted into B&W.

You have a good sense of composition and the second one really shows it.
Keep it up.

I suggest that, if you want to encourage critique, that you upload only one picture at a time for each thread.
That way all the comments will focus (no pun intended, on that single picture.

One of the mods (I don't remember who) has a link in his signature to a short post on how to encourage critique - well worth reading.

One of the things I particularly like about this second image is that the headlight tracks seem to approach/emanate from that brilliantly lit building.
All in all, quite satisfying.

I too like the second. as it is a normal color shot it was nicely done in B&W. I have never been that close to Jacksonville with out being flooded with billboards. Great composition. 1st isnt too bad either. just the top left bugs me so my vote is #2. I dont know what it is about 3. a little too tight, flat maybe. dono. Thx for sharing.

Agree with previous comments second image is the best. Not much going on in the first, in future be aware of the shadows cast by other objects, do or don't the add anything seeing as the stool design is unusual perhaps the shadow of itself may add something or a shaft of light falling in it!. Third one, I see what the image is but it lacks any atmosphere

I'm from Atlanta (Kennesaw, actually), and just decided to be silly and blow 20 mins trying to figure this out ... Did you happen to be standing on the Jackson Street overpass of GA-10 looking west, using about a 16 or 20mm lens?

SERIOUSLY not trying to be creepy ... just seeing if I guessed it right. Strictly an intellectual exercise, I SWEAR.

BTW, beautiful shot ... very sharp

Am I the only one who thinks the stool is good as well?

The stool is awesome. The light is absolutely brilliant and the subject is interesting.

I'm from Atlanta (Kennesaw, actually), and just decided to be silly and blow 20 mins trying to figure this out ... Did you happen to be standing on the Jackson Street overpass of GA-10 looking west, using about a 16 or 20mm lens?

SERIOUSLY not trying to be creepy ... just seeing if I guessed it right. Strictly an intellectual exercise, I SWEAR.

Yessir! That shot was from the Jackson St. bridge! Good guess!!!

I used the 14-24 from Nikon.

I used the 14-24 from Nikon.
Well it was a great shot ... Best of luck in the future :)

Most reactions

Back