second flash

anel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
i'm in the market for my second flash, i wanted to buy another vivitar 285HV but i'm not going to do that because shipping from the US costs as much as the flash itself.
i'm shooting with my canon 30D.
so i'm going to get another cheap and reliable flashgun, any tips? what would be best to combine with the vivitar? i don't care if it's an older or incompatible for on-camera flash because this one will be for off-camera use only. if nikon flashes are compatible with the vivitar and PW's, i'm up for it.
any tips on what flash to get? the cheaper the better, with full manual controls of course.

Check out Yongnuo YN460-II on ebay. It seems to get great reviews as a cheap, manual flash. They also recently released the 468 which appears to be full function. I don't personally have one yet but they have caught my interest as a second flash option for a reasonable price. I did order the rf602 triggers so we shall see about those...

the triggers i great, had those, the pt-04 ones and they're solid aswell.. does anyone have experience with the yongnuo flash? does look great to be honest..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back