Canon Fan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I need some more opinions here please!

kids2023.jpg

Too true, Jadin ;-).
Nor do I care for his shape... erm. Sorry, Canon Fan, you did not what to hear this.

By the way, what is he doing and what are the three boys waiting for? (Sorry about my ignorance, but if this has got something to do with 4 July, you must understand that it is all alien to a German).

I commented on another photo that you posted. I like this one a lot better. The truck adds a bit of color and the focal point is obvious.

You've catpured the strong interplay between the children and the adult, and that's the main theme in this photo. This picture talks! The adult is obviously tossing something to the children, and subconsciously, I was tring to identify it. The interaction pulls me into the photo.

I like the photo, too.

I like the kids reaching for the candy. But I agree I dont like the guys expression. I think this picture would be 100% better with a shallow DOF beyond the kids.

I love the fact that there is so much emotion by just seeing the backs of the children. I agree that a shallower DOF would help with the man's face :)

i really like it for the most part...
i think the comments about dof are mostly related to the edge between the children and the green truck. i think there's too many bits of homogenous visual information there. you could blur the truck in ps, i think the guy with the candy really has to stay rather sharp.
if you could take the shot again, i would say try taking the shot from a steeper angle, so the truck would not be directly behind the children. but on the other hand, i like the relationship of the height of the camera to the height of the children, it gets you into their perspective
as others have commented, the interplay of the children and adult is really fabulous. his expression is kind of playfully sneering "ehh, do i really want to give you kids candy? :p"

Thanks for the comments. I would normally agree about the dof but I was fearing that stopping down too fuch more would have lost the connection between the kids and the adult. I must admit that I had not fully studied the mans face until later last night after I had already posted it. I must say though looking back it seems all of the adults handing out candy sorta looked like that!

The man's face adds character. And his expression doesn't necessarily mean he is a mean person. I know several folks that do not have perpetual silly-ass grins pasted on their faces and they're friendlier than most other people, too. :thumbsup: :lol:

True, but when I think of people in a parade, they are usually pretty happy. It's supposed to be a fun event, and happiness is contagious. His look just says to me, "eh", like he's completely bored.

Not to say that perpetual silly-ass grins is required, but come on! it's a parade! :p

jadin said:
Not to say that perpetual silly-ass grins is required, but come on! it's a parade! :p

Hey jadin, sorry!
I hadn't realized I was coming off as being so sarcastic. My apologies to all.

This is a great photo and improves on the previous. I disagree with the other comments on the DOF. I like everything in focus and helps to tell a really strong story and ties everything together.

Why are the kids standing on a street? To catch candy from a silly faced man, but why is the man throwing candy? Because it is a parade, perhaps a 4th of July parade.

Again great job in capturing the moment and telling a wonderful story.

Most reactions

Back