Second Roll

starving4rtist

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.murc13.homestead.com
Hi everybody! This is my first post on these forums...please let me know if I do anything against the rules...

Anyway, I recently bought a Canon Rebel and have been taking pictures with it. It's my first real experience with film and I love it. These are my favorites from my second roll:

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo11.jpg

photo12.jpg

EDIT: These were the pictures scanned in on a mediocre scanner, the actual prints have better colors and more detail. No PS work done on them yet.

thebigbillybob said:
no ps but one of ems BW and well ur saying these all came off one roll? eh....

Are you talking about the first one? It doesn't look BW to me.

Anyhow, good first try :) Have you looked up ways to make a compsition look more visualy appealing yet?

The quality of these images look like mine. Yeah, the prints always look better :)

I say its a great start! Good work and keep on developing an eye for the art all around us. My favorite is the last one. I bet it looks even more dramatic on print.

I recommend you find a photo processing center that can scan the images for you if you choose to use them for posting. Sometimes I'll have them do the processing, contact sheet, and scan. No prints. This way I can examine them on the computer or post them online. You still get the negatives to make enlargements if you choose to.

thebigbillybob said:
no ps but one of ems BW and well ur saying these all came off one roll? eh....

The shingles look blueish on my monitor. The house is white. The shadows are shades of gray. The weather vane is a siloutte. It looks like a color snap to me.

Good start. Hang in there, you're gonna make it happen.

You've got a good camera and your shots are going to improve. Post this last shot on the "Critique" thread and we can advise you on how to improve it the next time you shoot it. But keep "oil on your feathers" when you post on the critique thread and remember that they are only trying to help you improve.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back