Second Shooter Gear Recomendation

ifi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi,

What would be the recommended gear for a second shooter at wedding and other similar events? I'm planning to work with a professional in the future and want to make sure I am investing in the right equipment.

Nothing wrong with your 7d.. Pair it up to a Canon 70-200L 2.8, and your good to go..... If your the second shooter, you don't need flash unless the lighting is really poor..

I bring pretty much the same gear, whether I'm the primary or 2nd photographer. With the exception that I might bring more lighting gear as a primary.

I bring pretty much the same gear, whether I'm the primary or 2nd photographer. With the exception that I might bring more lighting gear as a primary.

Your public profiles says that you have Canon EOS 20D :)

I was just wondering what else do you bring as a 2nd photographer. Also what lighting gear do you not bring?

Thanks !

Last edited:
Two cameras
Three Flashes
5 or 6 lenses (10-22, 17-50, 70-200, 30mm, 50mm & 35-105 with Macro filters)
Several Memory cards & sets of batteries
Two tripods
Wireless flash triggers with extra cables
Light stands with adapters for speedlites
studio light(s) with portable battery pack
Studio umbrella
Two or more rain umbrellas
reflectors
Water
packaged energy snacks (granola bars etc)
pocket sized sewing kit
good selection of over the counter drugs (Imodium, Advil, Tylenol etc)
pocket change & emergency cash
extra clothes

I'm sure there's more but I can't think of it right now.

good selection of over the counter drugs (Imodium, Advil, Tylenol etc)
Are both of your cameras cropped sensor (as compare to 35mm)?

I believe Immodium is required for the Platinum Package :)

Thanks !

Nothing wrong with your 7d.. Pair it up to a Canon 70-200L 2.8, and your good to go..... If your the second shooter, you don't need flash unless the lighting is really poor..

huh? if the situation calls for a flash it calls for a flash. it doens't matter if your first, second, or tenth shooter.

One more question, if (and when) I buy 70-200, will I need another lens to cover 50 to 70 mm focal length?

One more question, if (and when) I buy 70-200, will I need another lens to cover 50 to 70 mm focal length?

no. either take a half step forward with your 17-50 or crop.

Most reactions

Back