Second try at water drops!

Your third snow storm! You must be in Alaska!

Do you have a dollar store near you? The holographic gift bags make GREAT backdrops for this type of shot. (Not trying to pu pu your kid's art, Not even a little. Just trying to give you other background options to try that won't break the bank.)

Here are a few shots I did by bouncing the flash off of said bags and onto the water... ( I know they aren't good photos... just a visual example of the lighting.)

008-1.jpg

016-2.jpg

And one using 2 gelled and flagged speedlights off camera... (Needs to be fixed a little... I've been meaning to get to that...)
6128692774_d55af731d1_z.jpg

Water droplets are awesome.
Really like your third one!

;-) colorado mountains.
the first two weren't really *storms* per say, more like confetti that didn't stick around, but I still count them. Yesterday was the first true storm! I ran outside barefoot trying to grab some pictures of the deer crossing the property at sunset in the snow, but my 50mm just wasn't up to the job. :-(

;-) colorado mountains.
the first two weren't really *storms* per say, more like confetti that didn't stick around, but I still count them. Yesterday was the first true storm! I ran outside barefoot trying to grab some pictures of the deer crossing the property at sunset in the snow, but my 50mm just wasn't up to the job. :-(
Ah! The opportunities to go skiing!

;-) colorado mountains.
Ah! The opportunities to go skiing!
Lived in CO my whole life, never been skiing or snowboarding. :hide:

they are awesome, the third shot looks like some space alien frog.
cheers for showing

Beautiful shots! Here's one I tried after many attempts

Attachments

• droplet.jpg
    droplet.jpg
    195.6 KB · Views: 96
Really neat. Number three grabs the eye. You rock. Ed

Most reactions

Back